There might be times when you would want to export all the Salesforce data in one go. Maybe because you are migrating systems or your Salesforce orgs or you might just want to have a backup of all your org’s data.
Now there are few methods which you can use for this like data loader, or any ETL service (Extract, Transform, Load). But which method is the fastest and should be your first choice for all data export.
Using data loader can be a pain if you want to download all data for all objects as you would have to keep on selecting objects one by one after each export. It’s not very efficient and is a time killer.
Well, lucky for us Salesforce gives the option to export all Salesforce data from the user interface itself.
Salesforce’s Data Export feature lets you prepare a copy of all your data in salesforce.com. Then you can start the export process manually or schedule it to run automatically. When an export is ready for download you will receive an email containing a link that allows you to download the file(s). The export files are also available for 48 hours, after which time they are deleted.
Just follow the steps:
- Go to setup and search for Data Export.
- Select the Data Export option and a new page will open up.
- Click Export now or you can even schedule the exports by clicking on Schedule Export.
- Once you click on export now you will see a list of all Salesforce objects, data types, files. If you want to export only a selected type of data then you can choose by clicking on the checkbox or if you want to export all the data then simply select the checkbox Include all data.
- Then click Start export
- Once your data is ready to be exported you will be sent an email with the link from where you can download the zip file.
- The file will be available to download for 48 hrs. only