Salesforce Account represents an individual customer account, or an organization or partner involved with business.
Account object is a standard Salesforce object (sObject) which stores all the account details related to the customer like Account name, type, Phone, website, address data etc.
Account is one of the most basic and important standard object especially in sales cloud since all your deals or opportunities are related to an account. It’s important to have an account in Salesforce before you create an opportunity.
How to create an account in Salesforce in lightning?
- Click on the accounts tab.
- Click on New button.
- Fill in the fields. The fields marked are the mandatory fields and you must fill a value in the mandatory fields otherwise your record will not be saved.
- Click save
Here is another type of accounts which are called Person accounts. Person accounts are used store data about individual customers like freelancers etc.
Business accounts are the default accounts which is enabled in Salesforce. Business accounts are used to store client/organization information. Person accounts don’t have contacts since they themselves acts as contact. Person accounts store information about individual people by combining certain account and contact fields into one record.
After Person Accounts is enabled, it can’t be disabled. We recommend that you create a sandbox to preview how Person Accounts affect your Salesforce org.
How to setup Person accounts:
- From Setup, enter Account Settings in the Quick Find box, and then select Allow Customer Support to enable Person Accounts.
- Contact Salesforce Customer Support by logging a case to enable Person Accounts. Refer to the email we sent about what to include in the case.
- After Person Accounts is enabled, a person account record type is created. You can create additional record types for person account if needed.
How to assign the person account record type to user profiles: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=users_profiles_record_types.htm&type=5